cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to monitor SNMP IP SLA Echo. & IP SLA raw data.

eman2000my
Level 1
Level 1

my config look like this..

ip sla 1
icmp-echo 210.1x.x.x source-ip 172.30.0.11
tag pingToCErtr
threshold 1000
timeout 1500
frequency 5
history hours-of-statistics-kept 25
history distributions-of-statistics-kept 5
history statistics-distribution-interval 10
history lives-kept 2
history buckets-kept 60
history filter all
history enhanced interval 900 buckets 100
ip sla schedule 1 life forever start-time now

1.how can monitor this IP SLA using my NMS.. is it some thing missing at the config?

2. how can i save the raw data from the IP SLA i'hve config? 

6 Replies 6

Larry Sullivan
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

This might not be a whole lot of help, but maybe a little.  To monitor the SLA drops in the device's logs, you would configure (on Cisco router) "track 1 ip sla 1 reachability".

As far as NMS monitoring SLA, you would need an SLA specific MIB in your NMS. Do a search on it.  I don't want to give you false info on that specific MIB.  You will then obviously have to configure your NMS to poll the device for user defined parameters based on that MIB.

how do i get raw data for the ipsla echo?

What do you mean "raw data"?  Do you mean failure dates/times?  "show logs".  Do mean export to a different data system?  Send to Syslog. 

not failure.. but the ping echo value that ip sla generated. example export it into csv or .txt format. how do i check ip sla that i've set work? because now my netwrok management tool cannot capture snmp for the ip sla echo that i've configured. please help. its thare any small NMS tool that i can test the snmp for the ip sla?

Sorry, been busy at work.  Are you talking about getting data on the RTT/Response time?  No way that I'm aware of.  You can check statistics on failures.  You can have failures logged with time stamps.  But SLAs aren't really for documenting response time.  Once again, you can dive into the SLA MIB and see what options it has for your NMS.    

eman2000my
Level 1
Level 1
additional question i'm using ASR 1000 RP1 3.12s . my quastion. which OID is suitable to monito ipsla for icmp-echo? i've no problem to discover for udp-jitter ipsla. need help.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card