Views
Helpful
Replies

How to optimize my network?? HELP

xromelmx
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I just wanted to ask on how should i go about optimizing my network or switching to an actual routed network? A little background, I have like a hybrid collapsed core network where we have 2 main switches where our other 16 distro switches connect back to. Our 2 main switches hold about 90% of our vlans (about 100 each). We connect the distribution switches to the core switches through OSPF SVIs and on that same trunk link we are trunking our vlans from our cores down to our access switches. We have multiple VLANs that need to span across our network to connect users on different distro switches to the same domain. The problem we have is that when a distribution switch goes down, our entire network will sometimes freeze and take 10 minutes to re-converge. We do not have the root bridges set for most of our vlans. Everything just seems like an entire mess. Any suggestions would be great. Thank You!

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- My best advise is to work with a reseller and discuss your current issues , 1) identify 2) plan-to-resolve 3) implement (possibly including extra equipment). Advises here can be expert but are also subject to trust and validity.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure how your network diagram look and what configuration deployed.

we need more information to suggest best ( like HLD network diagram)

is this VSS or L3 Switches ?

here is good documents available for to review :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/enterprise/validated-design-program/networking_solutions_products_genericcontent0900aecd80601e22.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card