Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I cannot get eigrp to find neighbors and i am not able to ping between sites

Hello,

Attached is my PT file. I have tried and tried but I cannot get my routers to find each other using eigrp and this, I believe, is causing me to not be able to ping across sites. All of my subnets are the same, /24, I have loopbacks established, and I have all of the autonomous eigrp numbers the same. I have put all of my subnets into eigrp like the following, 192.168.1.1 0.0.0.255 and the loopback at 10.1.1.1 0.0.0.0 but I still don't have any neighbors. If someone could look at my PT and inform me what I am missing or doing wrong.

Thanking you in advance.

8 Replies 8

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
I dont have PT setup but if you post the config files in txt format can take a look and see whats wrong

Thank you! Here are my txt files. I have three sites so I will post them individually. This is the first site.

Second site.

Third site.

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @ChristopherGleason4367 ,

I have reviewed your exercise and there are things you should understand better:
-When you configure subinterfaces, the main interface must not have IP but only be UP
-The networks that connect the routers must be unique in your entire topology.
-In routing protocols only connected networks should be included

In order to order these topics a bit I have done the following:

-Eliminate all subinterfaces of the router
-Change some networks so that they do not repeat themselves in your topology
-Eliminate some networks in some EIGRP

I enclose the exercise working, but, you should check that the internal networks (192.168X.X) are correct and unique in your entire topology.

Regards

Thanks for the response @luis_cordova . I cannot open this pkt because of PT version mismatch. Can you post the version that you are using. thanks

Hi @ChristopherGleason4367 ,

Of course, is the last version 7.2.1

You can download this version from netacad.

Regards

@luis_cordova

thanks for your help. I now have my isp routers finding neighbors but still having trouble getting my site routers to find neighbors of the switches. I have tried to place different ip addresses for each floor, within the same network but still I am getting:

%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet5/0, changed state to up

%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet2/0, changed state to up

%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet6/0, changed state to up

%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet4/0, changed state to up

%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet1/0, changed state to up

%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet0/0, changed state to up

%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface FastEthernet3/0, changed state to up

%DUAL-5-NBRCHANGE: IP-EIGRP 1: Neighbor 72.191.163.70 (FastEthernet0/0) is up: new adjacency

How do I fix this problem. I am going crazy trying to figure this out. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card