Views
Helpful
Replies

IE3100 Switch providing error TAM_LIB_ERR_VERIFY_FAIL

Janmejay
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I was updating the Cisco Firmware in IE3100-8T2C switch with latest IOS XE version 17.14.1.

I followed the process of copying image file to Switch and use the below command for updating boot file location.

boot system flash:[image name].

Initially, the show boot was showing below information:

SW01#sh boot
Current Boot Variables:
BOOT variable = flash:packages.conf;

Boot Variables on next reload:
BOOT variable = flash:packages.conf;
MANUAL_BOOT variable = no
ENABLE_BREAK variable = yes

and after I changed, it looks like this,

SW01#sh boot
Current Boot Variables:
BOOT variable = flash:ie31xx-universalk9.17.14.01.SPA.bin;

Boot Variables on next reload:
BOOT variable = flash:ie31xx-universalk9.17.14.01.SPA.bin;
MANUAL_BOOT variable = no
ENABLE_BREAK variable = yes

To Achieve this, i did use the below command,

no boot system flash bootflash:packages.conf

Now, after reloading the switch, its not booting and going into the ROMMON mode only.

Even now if I try to boot via the old packages.conf already in flash it is giving the belwo error.

CHIPGUARD STATUS= TAM_LIB_ERR_VERIFY_FAIL

Janmejay_0-1721875360237.png

I also tried to boot using sdflash with 17.13.1 version and also with 17.14.1, but no luck.

Also, hard reset with button, not doing anything.

Can anyone help out?

What I did wrong? or should I format the flash if I can?

Regards,

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- I tend to believe this is a hardware problem : The Cisco Trust Anchor module (TAm) is a tamper-resistant chip which is apparently used to store and or verify the integrity of other hardware components in the device.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Janmejay
Level 1
Level 1

But I did not temper anything and used the image file downloaded from the Cisco Support. How can that lead to TAM failure? Any idea?

-JJ

- Consider that in essence false info ; (what you are seeing) ; the reason for (internal) hardware failures can be many.
    You should get my assertion confirmed with a TAC case , (I think they will confirm my opinion)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '