Views
Helpful
Replies

Important networking technologies used in todays networks

ABINTHOMAS6431
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello all, 

I am a CCNA candidate likes to work in the core networking field...and i always study stuffs beyond the CCNA syllabus....Please suggest me the important  routing and switching technologies used in medium scale organizations in which i should be good in before attending some interviews... I would like to know which all networking technologies are most commonly used in todays real time networks. 

2 Replies 2

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @ABINTHOMAS6431 ,

In my experience, I think these things are necessary:

Layer2

VLAN

InterVlan Routing

STP

PortSecurity

VTP

Layer3

Static Routes

OSPF

NAT

ACL

HSRP

Just add that you must have troubleshooting skills.

Regards

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@ABINTHOMAS6431 wrote:

I am a CCNA candidate likes to work in the core networking field...and i always study stuffs beyond the CCNA syllabus....Please suggest me the important  routing and switching technologies used in medium scale organizations in which i should be good in before attending some interviews... I would like to know which all networking technologies are most commonly used in todays real time networks. 

You'll need to be a "professional student" because your "question" doesn't make any sense. 

Not one network is ever the same.  There are some quirks and there are deviations.  Large ones. 

Doing something like this will make the interviewer do a double-take:  Someone who's never held a networking job knows these answers?  Pull the other leg, this guy is memorizing.  I'm going to throw a curve ball and watch this candidate sweat!