Views
Helpful
Replies

Initial default Configuration

Gamaci
Level 1
Level 1

Greating sir,

Could i inject my initial configuration file into ios image, so after resetting the router,i got the initial configuration ? if possible, how to do it ?

If not ? How can i go to my special initial configuration after resetting the device.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- If you  reset the IOS based device you have to configure a bare minimum networking setup so that you can then restore your config from a remote repository.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

before reset the device, take the backup of the config different ways you can do select what best suites you.

1. Show run ( from device) - copy in to notepad and save  - after reset the device simple copy and paste the config on to device.

2. copy running config to TFTP server, so you can copy from TFTP Server when the device reset and setup (basic done)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for your Reply

Im using 880 series, and as you know it does not support auto-installation so it can't take its configuration by it self. 

And when i need to re-use a device in another site, i bring the device from old site to my lab and reconfigure it with the new site configuration 

So i need to set up an initial configuration to can manage device remotly, 

Can i change the factory Default Configuration?

Can i change the factory Default Configuration?

Do you mean skip the express setup?

You can set up a DHCP config with an Option to get config from TFTP (this required testing)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card