cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Initial slow response of Cisco View

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Installed new server with solaris 9 running LMS 2.5.1. When we try to open Ciscoview the initial response of cisco view is very slow (takes between 2 to 20 minutes) and some time we have to kill the Internet explorer. but after this initial problem, it works fine (with response of 15 sec and less). Any body have an idea what is wrong.

We are running

Common Services 3.0.4

CiscoView 6.1.4

Intergration Utility 1.6.0

RME 4.0.4

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

One should always expect some slowness when opening a device for the first time in CiscoView. Once CiscoView has successfully queried a device for everything it needs, it will cache that information for subsequent reloads. If CiscoView detects that the device has been reloaded, or if dmgtd is restarted, then CiscoView will perform another full data collection on the device. The this data collection takes depends on a few factors.

What are the specs on the server? What type of device are you trying to open? What version of code is the device running? For what version of SNMP is the device configured?

Not applicable

sorry i am a new to Cisco view and the question might be very basic. Its not the device view thats slow. Simply selecting CiscoView and then Chassis View from the front screen takes 7 minutes to appear. If this is normal and there is nothing we can do to speed up CiscoView?

After waiting for the 7 minutes for CV to appear selecting a device and getting the view takes only a few seconds.

Please let me know if there is anything exceptional with Cisco View as the other URL redirects such as RME or Common Services server work very quickly in comparison?

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to answer all of the questions I asked previously.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card