Views
Helpful
Replies

inter vlan routing with 5 routers

garytan231
Level 1
Level 1

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-11 at 11.44.02_a0de6ea8.jpg
hello guys, i am new here and i need help here on how to build this kind of network topology in the cisco packet tracer? i have created one but when i tried to ping pc in router 1 to pc in router 2,3,4,5 it won't work , thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@garytan231,

In this actual state, it is impossible to have these same subnets separated by Routers. You have to do subnetting and modify this IP plan.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @garytan231,

Please more elaborate your topology. We need more informations. 

PC are connected directly to Routers? Or you have Switches also? Do you configure routing protocole between Routers? Which one? Static routes perhaps ?

You could attach also your Packet Tracer project here in a zip file.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards

there you go hopefully there is a solution for this, thank you

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Thanks @garytan231 for the zip file.

Your project can not be like this.

You have same PC IPs "behind" different Routers. Routers, by definition, route netwroks. How, for example, PC0 route PC5 subnet, e.g. 192.168.10./0/24, since this subnet is directly connected to it ? Plus, in your case, PC0-PC5 and others have the same IP address....

M02rt37_1-1697178818832.png

You need to have different subnets attached to each routers. You can use same vlan ID. VLANs are a L2 concept used to segment a network into different broadcast domains, and the same VLAN ID can be used in multiple places within the network, as long as they are not interconnected at L2.

Best regards

so if i want it to work i need to change my pc 5 network to 192.168.11.0/24 ?

@garytan231 

You need to change all your IP plan.

As an example:

M02rt37_0-1697184856836.png

Adapte routers configurations : Sub-interfaces IP , eigrp routing protocols.

Best regards

so what can i do about this routing ip that my lecturer gave me ? he said that i need to do the routing exactly like thisWhatsApp Image 2023-10-11 at 11.44.02_a0de6ea8.jpg

@garytan231,

In this actual state, it is impossible to have these same subnets separated by Routers. You have to do subnetting and modify this IP plan.

Best regards