Views
Helpful
Replies

Interactive Commands in NetConfig for Cisco ASA

sdmihaylik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Maybe anyone knows, does CiscoWorks LMS supports this feature for Cisco ASA or I'm doing something wrong? I've sent interactive command "copy tftp: flash: <R>ip_address<R>asa841-k8.bin<R><R>"  to my ASA using netconfig tool and recived error "Command(s) failed on the device Insufficient no. of interactive responses(or timeout) for command: copy tftp: flash: ." For Cisco Catalyst it works fine. I have a last version of CiscoWorks 4.0.1.

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like you're trying to upgrade this ASA.  Why not use SWIM to do this?  Netconfig was not designed for this kind of task.

SWIM doesn't support ASDM upgrade. Maybe, is any other way to do this with ciscoworks tools help? With IOS upgrading using SWIM I don't have any problems, but I need to upgrade ASDM too.

No, SWIM doesn't support ASDM upgrades, but what you're doing here is a system software upgrade.  What you might try doing is to increase the telnet timeout for this device.  Unfortunately, that feature is hidden in LMS 4.0, but see this document on how to do that:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-15162

The document talks about inventory collection, but the interface to adjust the telnet timeout is in the same location as the SNMP timeout.  You'll want to time the transfer to know how long to make the timeout.

It doesn't help. I've recived the same error with increased timeout value. I've attached log of the job. It looks like NetConfig tool doesn't understand device promt. In my mind, the reason is NetConfig doesn't support interactive commands for ASA.

Thank's for help

Yes, I see the problem.  The code does not recognize "]?" as an interactive prompt.  If you can open a TAC service request, I can provide a patch that will fix this.  Have your engineer contact me directly.

I've communicated with our cisco partner. They'll open case and contact with you.

Thank's for help!

I contacted Joseph directly and now expect a patch.

You will need to open a service request with TAC to get the patch.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card