Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phones not disovered in CM 4.0.4 LMS2.5.1

thorstenpm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I cannot discover IP phones on the CM 4.0.4 but can see all the end host. Also I can see the IP addresses of teh Ip phones in the end host table and not under IP phones.

I can discover all the Callmanagers and can find the IP phones thru CDP on the switches.

any help in this is much appreciated...

Thanks

Vinoth D

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Discovering IP phones as end hosts is the first step. If that's working, that means the CAM/MAC tables are populated correctly, and UT is acquiring that data. The next step is to verify that the CCM(s) that know about those phones show up as green on the Topology Map. If they do, snmpwalk the ccmPhoneTable on those CCM(s) from the CiscoWorks server. You need to see the MAC address of the IP phones that show up in your UT hosts table.

If you do see those MAC addresses, enable vmpsadmin debugging under Campus Manager > Administration > Data Collection > Debugging Options, and perform another UT major acquisition. Since that log can be quite large, open a TAC service request, and include the log as well as a MAC from one of the missing phones.

If you do not see the CCMs on the Topology Map, or they are not green, check your SNMP settings in DCR as well as your Campus Manager Data Collection filters to make sure the CCMs can be properly data collected.

If the phones do not show up in the ccmPhoneTable, either those phones are not registered with that particular CCM, or there is a CCM bug.

I'm trying to follow you but get lost (have same issue). I go to Object Finder and choose End Host and IP Address - I put in the IP of my Cisco IP Phone (7970) and it finds it, no problem. How do I add the CCM to CM so that I can do the rest of what you asked? I checked Topology Services and see nothing for VOIP or CCM listed. I know this is an old thread but thanks for any help

I'm on LMS 3.2 with CM 5.2.1

Your CUCM needs to be added to DCR just like any other device.  After it's added, run a new Campus Data Collection, and the CUCM should appear as a green application server icon on the topology map.  When it does, you can run a User Tracking acquisition to get your phones learned as IP phones.

If you have issues doing this, please start a new thread with your specific details.