cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is "entry-type increment" available in NXoS?

jdevyor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Trying to create a script to detect CRC (FCS) errors with a defined rate in a defined period and shut interfaces in an Etherchannel pair.  Wondering how to either automatically clear counters after detected and interface is manually brought back up, or increment from point of existing error count and then take action after defined rate.  Trying to run this on a Nexus 7K running 6.2(10).  The "entry-type increment" command is what I think I need, but it is not an option for me in the syntax.  I see it all over in sample scripts.  Is "entry-type increment" not available on 7K's or NXoS?  If not available, does anyone have a workaround?     

event manager applet Detect_CRC_Shut_Interface_in_EtherChannel_Pair

event snmp oid 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.14.436207616 get-type exact entry-type increment entry-op gt entry-val 1 exit-type increment exit-op lt exit-val 1 poll-interval 10

action 1.0 cli command "config t"

action 2.0 cli command "int e1/1"

action 3.0 cli command shut"

Also, with the above event detection and action, I will need an applet for each interface I want to monitor.  Any ideas on simplifying this?

Thanks,

Joe

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, SNMP counters cannot be cleared unless the SNMP agent is restarted (usually this means a reboot of the box).  Second, "entry-type increment" is available in NX-OS 7.x.  I can confirm 7.2, and I think it was added in 7.0.

One way to optimize this is to turn your code into a Python script and schedule it using "feature scheduler".  It can run CLI commands to check for the increase in CRCs and perform the shutdown if it sees a bump.  You can then do this for all interfaces.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card