cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue loading Cisco ASA software

Landen I.
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having issues updating the ASA software. I've tried to update my ASA software through ASDM, and TFTP through SSH. Any suggestions?

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure what is your upgrade path - some version required ASDM also required to upgrade -

So i always I prefer to do command Line - whatever way you like, using TFTP or Copy using USB.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/200142-ASA-9-x-Upgrade-a-Software-Image-using.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I'm using Copy TFTP: flash: host ip file name file destination. Upgrading software via TFTP, ASDM and consoling in are the only allowed ways we can upgrade our devices. We cannot use USB. I'm new to Networking so I might just be doing something wrong. Thank you for the reply.

follow the guide i have posted it has both upgrade process.

Make sure you using right interface to communicate with your TFTP Server.

To test you have reachablity before you go upgrade.,

copy your running config to TFTP Server see you able to see the configuration file in TFTP Server.

then place your images in the same place to download to ASA.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- What are the issues you are experiencing ?

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card