cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jobs Not Running in Prime 2.2

Brian Saunders
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone have any issues when they attempt to run or schedule a CLI template job to a group of devices?  Mine never deploy and just stay in a scheduled state.  It's been like this since upgrading to 2.2.  The job will only run if I reboot the prime server or start & stop the NCS services.  So far Cisco TAC hasn't been able to provide any insights.  It's likely they'll recommend a full reinstall.

Brian

22 Replies 22

nraloff1997
Level 1
Level 1

Looks like the patch was released today.  You'll have to load PI 2.2.2, then update 3.

The readme is here: http://www.cisco.com/web/software/284272933/125525/Readme.pdf

And includes these defects:

Defect
Headline
CSCuu53049
Report  Criteria  ge,ng  lost  in  PI  2.2.1
CSCuu40399
Client  data  is  not  updated  when  deviceIpAddress  in  last  session  is  null
CSCuu62065
Service  restart  shouldnt  happens  in  Primary  on  Pimary  Failover  state
CSCuu34991
PI  2.2.1  Jobs  remain  in  scheduled  state  and  do  not  run
CSCuu12400
PI  2.2.1  device  parBal  collecBon  failure  -­‐  Unable  collect  ACL  config
CSCut37025  
Discovery  Job  with  CredenBal  Profile  
CSCuu69955
XMP  poller  opBmizaBon  related  to  Device/Interface  Monitoring  jobs.  
CSCur72515
CredenBal  profile  not  associated  with  discovered  devices  
CSCuu92583
Image  DistribuBon  Error  during  Device  selec

I've loaded the patch and scheduled a job for now with success.  I'll try again in the morning and post an update if it fixed the problem or not.

The update doesn't seem to have fixed the problem.  I restarted the services after install and the jobs ran successfully for the first few minutes.  Now this morning, not working again.  I did a reload and I am back at working, but that was the case before the patch too.

Additionally, when I deploy a template, I get a new error:

There was an error while parsing and rendering the content. (Tried to register widget with id==jobWidgetContentPaneId but that id is already registered).

Wow, that's a bummer.  TAC ended up applying a specific patch to my system to fix this bug.

I called TAC yesterday and couldn't successfully find my product for support.  What do you provide them for software?

We have Prime running as a Virtual Appliance - when creating the TAC case I am able to pull it up via the search feature.

We run virtual too.  I cannot find it online, nor can I they when I call.  I'll have to get my vendor to check for me.  Thanks!

If you need to open a TAC SR for a virtual PI you need the PAK number used to activate the license, the support contract is tied to that. If you are lucky you'll find the PAK number in the licence file (look for text between <PAK> and </PAK). The license files are in /opt/CSCOlumos/licenses/.