Views
Helpful
Replies

License for Cisco prime

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys,

In my project I have many licenses for Cisco prime (NCS license, LMS license and WAN license) Could any one explain to me every license for which system I can use!

Thanks for all

Mohammad Saeed

2 Replies 2

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mohammad Saeed,

LMS license :: if you are installing LMS software

NCS license :: NCS license can be migrated or used in prime infrastructure , Prime Infrastructure was used to called as NCS in the initial phase of development.

check the below link for each type of licenses::

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/prime-infrastructure/guide_c07-714720.html

Thanks-

Afroz

****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Adding to Afroz's correct response, the NCS WAN license is unnecessary with current versions of Prime Infrastructure.

There was a short period of time before some wired management features were integrated into Prime Infrastructure (around versions 1.1 - 1.2) during which certain features were introduced in the NCS WAN  product. Those have all since been rolled into Prime Infrastructure.

It sounds like you have some licenses that were procured several years ago but perhaps never deployed. As long as Software Application Support with Upgrades was purchased, you should be entitled to deploy the current version of PI (2.2) and patch it to the latest updates (i.e. 2.2.2, device pack 6 as of this posting date)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card