cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

life cycle

hsosa1977
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning. I am working on a project for my company, and have been asked to obtain some information regarding equipment life cycles. I've searched through the site, but have not found anything that speaks about that. Does anyone know if there is any existing documentation that explains the need to life cycle equipment (security, technology etc)

Thank you very much in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok but that is one the main reasons we replace Cisco equipment because a platform/image becomes eol of life in hardware and software so Cisco will not support it anymore in replacement rma or bug fix security issues , I don't think I have ever seen a doc explaining why we would need to it would be why would you not protect your netwiork with supported kit from the vendor

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi you need to look for the eol sheet for each platform to know when support runs out devices should be rplaced before then as no new software fixs for bugs or use prime and run PSIRT report eox

example

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/2800-series-integrated-services-routers-isr/eol_c51-631228.html

Thank you.

But that's not entirely what I am looking for. I should have been more specific. I am looking for information on Cisco's policy on why equipment should be life cycled. white papers, etc. It is pretty hard to convince my boss.

Ok but that is one the main reasons we replace Cisco equipment because a platform/image becomes eol of life in hardware and software so Cisco will not support it anymore in replacement rma or bug fix security issues , I don't think I have ever seen a doc explaining why we would need to it would be why would you not protect your netwiork with supported kit from the vendor

hsosa1977
Level 1
Level 1

Thank  you very much. I managed to gather enough evidence to convince him.