cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.5 SP2 : User traking no working

a.auvinet
Level 1
Level 1

I have a probleme with UT. I'm gone through several major and minor acquisitions and the DB still shows 0 end hosts. I've rebooted the server windows 2003. Both device discovery and campus collection are working.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Andre Auvinet

2 Replies 2

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

This could be due to java file corruption. So we need to blow away the corrupt file and see whether this helped you out.

cd CSCOpx\lib\jrun\jsm-cw2000\services\jse\servlets Delete all files under this folder and start the UserTracking application again.

This should work.

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you seeing all of your devices in Topology services?

you might want to clear out the UT or Campus Manager databases and start with a clean discovery with debug enabled

You can clear out UT db alone, but would recommend all of CM

from /CSCOpx/bin directory

perl reinitdb.pl -restore

Check the format of your discoverysnmp.conf to make sure it has the correct comm strings

Then enable debugs by Campus->Admin->Campus Data Collection->Debugging Options enable

the following modules: core,corex, vmpsadmin, framework, vlad

Run campus data collection and UT major acquisition

Then look at the ani.log and ut.log to see if shows any problems with the end hosts

-- you can grep for mac addresses that you think should be discovered or ip addresses of switches in topo services

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: