cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

lms 2.5 topology services, layer 2, display view, redraw map?

craig5571
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running LMS 2.5 cs30sp1, rme4.01, cm4.01, cv6.1sp1 , w2ksp4.

Is there a way in topology services, layer 2 view, display view. to "blow away" the map as it is and have it rediscovered? I want it to be laid out hiearchical but it just doesn't look right, so I want to erase it and have it rediscovered. so I can put the core switches on top, the distribs in the middle and the access layers at the bottom.

thanks

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Each user's Campus Manager map is stored under their own subdirectory in the program installation location (C:\Program Files\CSCOpx in Windows or \opt\cscopx in Unix installations). Within the appropriate location, look under \campus\etc\users. Each user has a *.xml file that stores their map layout.

BTW, if you copy the administrator's *.xml file to the other users' directories, they will at least start from the same map as you. They will still be able to customize it / mess it up to their hearts' content unless you lock the file permissions (windows) or chown (unix) it. Depending on how much you want them to always see the admin-created map - you could even make a cron job to sync up your master at some periodicity.

what I'm trying to do Is make a nice looking network diagram . I want the core on top, then the distrib layer, and then the access layer, what is the most number of switches I should have on one diagram?

And alot of the links draw in a very crooked way, And it wont let me resize or move the links (ala visio) I want the drawing to be readable and not have links crossing each other so I try to move the line or resize it and it won't. or it gets all crooked and twisted

In my previous job, I used a CM map with about 600 devices on it. It took a while to clean up the first time, but maintenance after that was minimal. the auto layout may work better if you play with the different options on the CM menu.

If you're adventurous, take a look at the xml file. It is pretty basic IIRC and you may be able to script or hack parsing and modifying it directly instead of clicking on dozens and dozens of switches.

Cisco threw away the Netsys product which, 7 years ago, did a better job of laying out campuses and devices than CM does today!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card