cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 ON 2003 SERVER - RME installation problem

alfonzofernando
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed common services without any problem, when I begin to install RME, I get error message. I captured the screen, please see the attached file to see error message. (can not stop crmdmgtd)

After this error, I ve stopped the LMS deamon service manually and kept installing. everything messep up after that, RME was installed but license server doesnt start.

now I am gonna uninstall LMS and re-install it unless someone lead me to fix it

anybody knows what to do?

tx in advance for helping.

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Reinstalling from scratch is probably the way to go. Since you are installing on Windows 2003, make sure you set your TEMP and TMP environment variables to something short like C:\TEMP before doing the installation.

Also, make sure your server meets the minimum requirements. The machine must have at least 2 GB of physical RAM with 4 GB of page file. The machine should be a Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or better. Do the installation as a local Administrator from local media (i.e. do not install from a network-attached CD and do not copy the CD contents to disk).

hi jclarke,

I ve uninstall LMS and install CS 3.0.3. installation was fine.

before installing RME, I checked if the license server works, it doesnt! I have no idea what is wrong! its a straight forward installation. but I can never make license server work.

i am stuck! I've installed LMS on 2000 server several times and never get any problem. somehow this 2003 server doesnt allow license server to work.

here are some log outputs may give you some hints,

----only Common Services 3.0.3 and CiscoView 6.1.2 is installed-----

CS>SERVER>ADMIN>PROCESSES

1. TomcatMonitor Administrator has shut down this server 18.02.2007 04:41:37 18.02.2007 04:51:37

2. RmeOrb Program started - No mgt msgs received 18.02.2007 04:28:18 Not applicable

3. RmeGatekeeper Administrator has shut down this server 18.02.2007 04:28:22 18.02.2007 04:51:37

4. EDS Administrator has shut down this server 18.02.2007 04:48:37 18.02.2007 04:55:08

5. EDS-TR Never started N/A Not applicable

6. Proxy Program started - No mgt msgs received 18.02.2007 04:29:26 Not applicable

7. LicenseServer Failed to run 18.02.2007 04:51:38

8. ESS Administrator has shut down this server 18.02.2007 04:29:26 18.02.2007 04:51:37

9. EssMonitor Administrator has shut down this server 18.02.2007 04:49:37 18.02.2007 04:51:37

10. diskWatcher Administrator has shut down this server 18.02.2007 04:30:30 18.02.2007 04:51:37

11. CSRegistryServer Running normally 18.02.2007 04:30:30 Not applicable

12. CmfDbEngine Program started - No mgt msgs received 18.02.2007 04:30:33 Not applicable

13. CmfDbMonitor Failed to run N/A 18.02.2007 04:51:37

14. DCRServer Never started N/A Not applicable

15. CMFOGSServer Never started N/A Not applicable

16. EDS-GCF Never started N/A Not applicable

17. jrm Never started

CS>SERVER>ADMIN>LICENSING

Error

Error communicating with License Server. License Server may be down. Please start the License Server, then refresh the page.

LICENSE.LOG

[ XXXXXXX ] [Ajp13Processor[9009][3]] ERROR com.cisco.nm.license.util.LicenseUtil - Error getting port information: C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\etc\licenses\port.data (System can not find the file)

[ XXXXXXX ] [Ajp13Processor[9009][3]] ERROR com.cisco.nm.license.util.LicenseUtil - Error getting port information: C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\etc\licenses\port.data (System can not find the file)

LICENSERVER.LOG

[Sun Feb 18 04:51:38 EET 2007] Property file C:/PROGRA~1/CSCOpx\objects\licenses\log4j-license.properties

log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.

java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\log\license.log (Access denied)

There are a lot of problems here. First you're missing the port.data file. This files contains the TCP port number the LicenseServer needs to use. The second looks to be that you have a permissions problem under NMSROOT\log. This directory should allow full control to casuser.

This points to a bad installation. It could be that the previously uninstallation did not complete successfully, and you are left with a "dirty" server. TAC has a tool called clean_system.exe that can be used to fully clean up from a failed installation. You can open a TAC Service Request and have them send you this tool.

Once your system is clean, pay close attention to setting those TEMP and TMP environment variables to short values (as I mentioned earlier). That will go a long way to making sure a 2003 installation goes smoothly.

hi jclarke, tx for spending your time for the issue.

I took your advice about cleaning the previous installation in my way and I have fully formatted the hard disk and re-install the 2003 R2 server. So I make it sure there is no trash from previous LMS installation or from any other program. :))

Before begin a brand new LMS installation, I like to set "TEMP and TMP environment variables to short values " bu I dont know how to do that. I wasnt asked to change that valuables during the installation?

tx in advance for helping

You have to go into the System Control Panel, and click the Environment Variables button under the Advanced tab. Change the values for TEMP and TMP under both the User and System panes. Something like C:\TEMP would be sufficient. Additionally, make sure you do the installation as a local Administrator.

hi jclarke

brand new installation, changed values for TEMP and TMP under the C:\TEMP

still does not work

same error messages.(I sent on my previous posts)

It makes no sense. clear installation, everything is in order and license server doesnt work.

I ve opened TAC. tx for your help anyway :)

Hi!

What your operation system language?

Cisco works only function with Windows english and japanese version.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: