cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0.1 and HUM 1.0.0

beschbach
Level 1
Level 1

Under the HUM portlet, the TOP-N Interface Utilization table is displaying the minimum recieved utilization under the Tx% column and the maximum recieved utilization under the Rx% column. The interface for the router in HUM is displaying the Min, Max and Avg for both transmit and recieve traffic. It is my understanding that the Tx% column should display the Transmit average and the Rx% column should display the recieved average. This is happening for all devices in HUM. Any ideas? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I can't reproduce. My manual calculations agree with what HUM is reporting in its Top-N portlet. How are you validating the HUM results? With what device types and interfaces are you seeing this?

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I can't reproduce. My manual calculations agree with what HUM is reporting in its Top-N portlet. How are you validating the HUM results? With what device types and interfaces are you seeing this?

I added two jpegs that show the Top-N Interface as well as one of the router's interface details page. Notice that the Min and Max of the recieve utilization match the Tx% and Rx% columns. All of the devices being monitored are routers.

Looks like you've found a bug. I couldn't find an existing one, but I did find the problem in the code. I can get you a patch if you open a TAC service request on this problem. However, you will need to have a purchased HUM license.

Thanks. I will open a TAC case.

TAC supplied a patch that fixed the issue thanks.