Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2.1 red icons?

birukgetachew
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Anyone,

I am currently working on LMS 3.2. I had it working for SNMPv3 for quite a long time. But now I have to integrate it with an old cisco switches running version SNMPv2c. Well I have first checked if the IOS and the old platforms are supported by the specific version of LMS version, which they do. Then, I have configured the community strings on all the devices, then the default credentials, then the device discovery settings. After all these, I started the device discovery and my new devices are found to be reachable. But when I try to launch the topology services, I see all the new devices with red icons and question marks on them.

Please I can't properly monitor my new devices from the LMS, quick help is really appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ngoldwat
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

A couple questions that might clarify the issue.

1)  Can you SNMPWALK the sysObjectID?

2)  Can you rediscover the device from within Topology?

3)  Are you integrated with ACS?

4)  Have you deleted the device from topology?

Select Edit > Delete Devices.

This removes the device from the Campus Manager database. If the device still exists in your network and is discoverable by Campus Manager, it should reappear during the next Data Collection.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ngoldwat
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

A couple questions that might clarify the issue.

1)  Can you SNMPWALK the sysObjectID?

2)  Can you rediscover the device from within Topology?

3)  Are you integrated with ACS?

4)  Have you deleted the device from topology?

Select Edit > Delete Devices.

This removes the device from the Campus Manager database. If the device still exists in your network and is discoverable by Campus Manager, it should reappear during the next Data Collection.

Let me clear out one thing I have observed:

Using the device managment, I applied the default credentials I created using SNMPv2c to the old devices which led to the devices being shown in RED icons in the topology diagram. But when I specifically assigned credentials to each device and manually assign the credentials, I could see the devices in the topoloy normally. It seems that the default credentials I created in the Cisco Works Assistant do not take effect. This may be a bug.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: