Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 and HUM

Hello,

I have a question about a specific part number. Our customer wants to buy CWLMS-3.2-5K-K9. This part number allows to manage up to 5000 devices on the same server. Additionally the customer wants to get CWHUM-1.2-L which support up to 3000 devices. I read some links about using both two on the same server but I don't know for sure it is recommended to have those two running on the same server. There are some other combinations mentioned on the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_health_and_utilization_monitor/1.2/Install/guide/HUMprqst.html#wp1043939

They never mention the combination between the LMS for 5000 devices and the HUM for 3000 devices. Does that mean that they both have to run on separate servers?

What happens if the customer doesn't use the 5000 devices? Can it support the HUM that way?

I will appreciate any advice.

Thanks.

Paul G

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, the two cannot be installed on the same server, and still manage all 5000 and 3000 of the allowed devices.  You will need to install each on their own servers.  This is changing a bit in LMS 4.0.  LMS 4.0 will have HUM built in, and will allow you to run the performance management features of HUM with the rest of LMS for a maximum of 2.5K devices.

This sounds interesting. We have now reached the end of August, do you know  when LMS 4.0 actually will be released?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card