Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 Campus 5.2.1 - No ip phones found

korrigan29
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've reinstalled LMS but I have a problem now with user tracking acquisition. I always get "0 IP Phones found".

The Ip Phones are seen as end hosts but not as IP Phones.

Community ReadOnly on the Call Manager is OK and  I can see the Call manager in the topology (green color), and also the service attributes.

What could be wrong?

Thanks

Patrick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wow.. that is pretty old.

Ok all you have to do is restart the Microsoft SNMP service after making sure RIS Data Collector is running.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/4_1_2/ccmsrva/sasnmp.html#wpxref72249

Walk ccmPhoneTable .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.2.1

This should list phones, if not its a call manager side issue.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Gaganjeet Chug
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Kindly post the screenshot of Campus Manager "Home".

Also, In order for a phone to show up as an end host, it must be connected to a Cisco switch which has been properly Data Collected by Campus Manager, and shows up on the Topology Map with a green switch icon. Depending on the switch type, the port to which the phone connects must also be an access port and not a trunk port. However, this can be worked around in Campus 5.0 by enabling trunk port acquisition. Next, the phone must appear in that switch's CAM/MAC table. If SNMPv1 or v2c is being used on the switch, the switch's community string must not contain a '@'. If SNMPv3 is being used, then the switch must be configured for SNMPv3 contexts, and the VLAN which contains the phone must be an allowed context.

If the APs are not managed by LMS, then UT is getting those MACs from the upstream wired switches. In order for UT to display IPs associated with MACs, those IPs must be in the ARP tables of routers being managed by Campus Manager. Those routers must appear on the Topology Map with green router icons.

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

Pretty sure you also need the Communications Manager as a part of Campus Data Collection to discover phones.

Hello,

More information about my problem (0 IP Phones are seen).

- I have about 600phones connected with about 50 switchs (35xx, 45xx ...). The switchs are properly collected and have green icons in the topology map.

- The Phones are on access ports.

- The phones appear in the CAM/MAC address tables of the switchs. Example:

#sh mac address-table address 0012.80b5.9ce9
Unicast Entries
vlan   mac address     type        protocols               port
-------+---------------+--------+---------------------+--------------------
  45    0012.80b5.9ce9   dynamic ip,ipx,assigned,other GigabitEthernet5/7

- SNMP v2c is used with no special character

- The call manager appears on the topology map with green icon

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Kindly do snmpwalk against the Call Manager from Device Centre ( Go to CiscoWorks main "Functional" portal and click on Device Centre) for the OID - 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.2.1 (ccmPhoneTable) and share the output.

Also, kindly check if you are able to see the campus manager reports with the correct timestamp of any recent activity.

Thanks

Gaganjeet

The following is a SNMP walk of device x.x.x.x starting from .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.2.1

SNMP Walk Output
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of MIB

And :

The following is a SNMP walk of device 10.194.39.10 starting from .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1

SNMP Walk Output
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CISCO-CCM-MIB::ccmGroupName.1 = STRING: AppliEngine
CISCO-CCM-MIB::ccmGroupName.2 = STRING: Autoregistration
CISCO-CCM-MIB::ccmGroupName.3 = STRING: G.........

CISCO-CCM-MIB::ccmProductCategory.134 = INTEGER: gateway(2)
CISCO-CCM-MIB::ccmProductCategory.135 = INTEGER: notApplicable(0)
End of MIB

Thanks

Hi,

Seems to be the snmp issue from Call Manager side. It should return the list of all phones registered with Call Manager.

Here is the link to view the description of this OID - 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.2.1

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseOID.do?objectInput=1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.2.1&translate=Translate&submitValue=SUBMIT&submitClicked=true.

Kindly check if the the phones are properly registered with CUCM and also there was a way to check if the SNMP service is activated on the CUCM.

From CCM Serviceability page, go to Tools> Control Center> Network Services and check that the following services running:
   SNMP Master Agent
   MIB2 Agent
   Host Resources Agent
   Native Agent Adapter

Thanks,

Gaganjeet

You may also need to restart or activate this service.  This is what ties the snmp agent to the communications manager mibs

Serviceability -> Tools -> Control Center - Feature Services, under Performance Monitoring Services -> Cisco Call Managers SNMp Service

The phones must be register with the communications manager you have in Campus Data Collection.

Hi,

I don't find what you want under this menu on the call manager

You can see Control Center and Service Activation of the cisco CallManager Serviceability in the attached files

Thanks

Serviceability -> Tools -> Control Center - Feature Services, under Performance Monitoring Services -> Cisco Call Managers SNMp Service. This menu doesn't exist or I don't know how to find it

What version of CUCM ?

Cisco CallManager System version: 4.1(3)sr5b

Cisco CallManager Administration version: 4.1(0.11)

Cisco CallManager Serviceability version: 4.0(0.1)

Wow.. that is pretty old.

Ok all you have to do is restart the Microsoft SNMP service after making sure RIS Data Collector is running.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/4_1_2/ccmsrva/sasnmp.html#wpxref72249

Walk ccmPhoneTable .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.156.1.2.1

This should list phones, if not its a call manager side issue.

Thank you very much. Yes it was a call manager problem. Now it's OK.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card