LMS 3.2 DFM Event Summary problem

gudvardur
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have two issues, and one question:

Issues:

1)

In the DFM portlet, under DFM Evnets Summary I see a list stating that I have 2 devices that have Event Name as Duplicate. When I click on the number 2, it opens up Device Fault Manager - Alerts and Activities, but it's show with no records. This has been like this for quite some time now... Any ideas on how to fix this?

2)

I've got 5 devices in DFM that are in the DFM Device Status as Questioned. They don't exist in CS, RME nor any other place. I went to DFM Device Management and under Rediscover/Delete, and was going to delete the devices from DFM, but the delete button is grayed out. How can I remove the devices from DFM?

And now for the Question:

I sometimes get an event in DFM Alerts and Activities that looks like this:

Name                                                          Value

Event_Description:               InformAlarm

Component:                         [FQDN DEVICE NAME REMOVED]: Cisco Configuration Management Trap

Description:                         Cisco Command Monitoring -> Event Command Source: SNMP, Event Config Source: Running, Event Config Destination: Network TFTP

Sometimes it gets cleared by it self... So I'm a bit interested to find out what does this event mean? and how to get rid of it?

Any help is appreciated

Gudvardur

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It sounds like your DFM databases may have gotten out of sync with the rest of LMS.  You can clear the first two problems by following the steps in https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-8796 to reinitialize the dfmEpm, dfmInv, dfmFh, DFM.rps, and DFM1.rps databases.  Do not reinitialize the others.

As for the delete button being grayed out, this is expected when DFM is in auto-manage mode.  To activate this button, go to DFM > Device Management > Device Import and disable auto-manage mode.

The config management trap you're seeing will occur whenever the config changes on the device.  This event should clear on its own.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: