Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 - Problems with Apache

rodrivieira
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a LMS3.1 installed in a Windows server and, since I installed it, I've faced some problems regarding to Apache. I attached the error message that I often received from LMS.

Do you have any clue about my issue?

Best Regards,

Rodrigo Vieira

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think the problem is related. The servlet failing directly interacts with the login module. This is why I suggested trying the local authentication module for a while to see if the problem goes away.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this LMS 3.2 or 3.1? Post the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log and stderr.log.

Hi Joe,

We are using LMS3.1! I posted the log files that you've asked me!

Best Regards,

Rodrigo Vieira

I'm not seeing any obvious errors here. When did this problem last occur?

Hi joe,

I got this error today morning (~11:00am - GMT -2).

I checked those logs and I didn't see anything wrong too.

I am not sure if we had a instalation problem here, but do you think it would be a good idea reinstall LMS again? Perhaps we should install the new version, LMS 3.2.

Hmmm, I think there is a problem with your LDAP module config:

[--- LDAPModule ---] calling doLoing with userprovided credentials..

[--- LDAPModule ---] In the overloaded method of thje getDN

[--- LDAPModule ---] Search filter is [(&(sAMAccountName=admin))]

[--- LDAPModule ---] Unable to get [sAMAccountNam] with just username, so constructing default DN..

[--- LDAPModule ---] the SECURITY_PRINCIPLE is now [sAMAccountName=admin,ou=cpd,dc=ad,dc=ufrgs,dc=br]

[--- LDAPModule ---] The bindDN [sAMAccountName=admin,ou=cpd,dc=ad,dc=ufrgs,dc=br] will be used as Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL

[--- LDAPModule ---] Exception when binding toldap://kquatro.ad.ufrgs.br: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C09030B, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 525, v893

You are right, we have smoe problems with our LDAP, but do you think it could be linked with our problem?

It has been ocurring since we install it, and when it happens, we need to restart the server in order to access the LMS again (dmgtd doesn't work :().

I think the problem is related. The servlet failing directly interacts with the login module. This is why I suggested trying the local authentication module for a while to see if the problem goes away.

Interesting! I have to take an authrization with our security team to modify the LMS authentication method and after it, I get back to you.

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your tip! Now it's working fine. Unfortunatelly I've got another problem...I'll have to investiate our LDAP server. :(

Best Regards,

Rodrigo Vieira

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: