cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 Service Temporarily Unavailable

MEXAAFBCCO
Level 1
Level 1

I was having some troubles with the LMS client itself (Any job I started would run forever, never finish, never error out, just "running") so I rebooted the server and after a reboot the web interface show up with a

"Service Temporarily Unavailable" "The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems.  Please try again later"

Any help you can provide to fixing this error is greatly appreciated

McGuire Air Force Base

7 Replies 7

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I see two issues here:

1. Many jobs are hung and keep running.

2. Now you're are not able to access the ciscowork-at-all.

We need to focus on issue 2 for now. I have seen this many times and this issue often goes after sometime, usually with reboot.

Though, I would like to see the output of NMSROOT/bin/pdshow to see if the processes are up or not. As it is a AFB install, I would like to know if you have installed your own certificates on ciscoworks or you're still working with the self-signed ones? If Self signed certs (In case you have not installed certificates on the LMS server) try to re-generate SSL certificates and restart daemon manager to see if you can login. Procedure is as follows :

1. Stop the daemon manager (net stop crmdmgtd)

2. Regenerate the SSL certificate (Dont forget to start you shell/command prompt session as Administrator):

*Remove server.*  files under NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\conf\ssl (take backup of all 4 files before deleting).

*NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\ConfigSSL.pl -disable

*NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\ConfigSSL.pl -enable

*Fill all the details it request for.

*Ensure that the following files are created under NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\conf\ssl :

server.crt

server.csr

server.key

server.pk8

3. Start the daemon manager (Net start crmdmgtd)

Please give the full time unless it give error in syslog.log. keep on checking if NMSROOT/Objects/dmgt/ready if it shows dmgtd.lock there and see if the task manager is showing increasing processes.

-Thanks

Vinod

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Issue

1. Where do I delete and/or stop the jobs that are hung and/or running?

2. I never installed my own certs so I am fairly certain that we are using self signed certs.  I will work on re-generating them now as per your directions.  thanks for the help.  will write back and let you know how it works out

Usually job browser in GUI itslef has stop/delete options for job.

In case it gets stuck and you want to stop a job you can do it via CLI using command pdterm . Example, if the job ID is 1010 than you can stop it by :

pdterm 1010

It should force stop it.

I'll wait for the step2 results.

-Thanks

Vinod

how do I get rid of a job that got hung up running, and I initiated a stop.  It won't let me delete two jobs that I initiated a stop. 

Ok as for issue #2, everything went successfully and LMS is back up and running.  Haven't checked if I actually able to complete a NetConfig job or even a device credential verification job yet though.  Before I attempt to start any other jobs is there any kind of output I can post for you to look at to make sure everything looks ok?

There are some known issues with SSHv2 and LMS which may send the LMS into infinite loop and have the job hung in running state and fail after long time.

Can you try the same job after configuring the transport protocol for Netconfig as telnet and not SSH?

-Thanks

Well I was actually able to run a few Netconfig jobs succesfully and also ran a credential verfication using SSH and everything seems to be working 100%.  I thank you for your help.  As for Telnet we are not allowed to use telnet, BIG BIG security violation.  Again thank you

Thanks. Please close the thread/make answered if this issue is resolved.

-Thanks

Vinod