Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.2 with HUM 1.2.1 Interface Utilization Report

stephenweinand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

We are having a problem with  the output of the "Interface Utilization Report" of the Health and  Utilization Monitor V1.2.1.

Some Interfaces have an "Rx Max%" and  "Tx Max%" above 100%. That can not be correct.

Here are two  samples of the output (It is a weekly report):

Interface   Rx Max%   * Rx  Avg%   Rx Min%   Tx Max%   * Tx Avg%   Tx Min%

Gi0/5           471.39          8.70          0.00         1295.33        12.81         0.09

Gi0/22        1312.45       13.11          0.03           338.69          6.79        0.00

What can be the cause for this output?

Thank you!

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have these ports changed speed since HUM initially discovered them?  That is, were they originally added when they were 100Mbps, and are now operating at 1 Gbps?  If you monitor the ports using the Live GraphIt portlet, do you see the 100%+ spikes occurring still?

No, the speed has not changed, it always was 1000 MBit/s.

I also not see any spikes in the Live GraphIt portlet.

Maybe I should rebuild the report and wait if these things are still occuring?

That is a good idea.  If you can still reproduce the problem, getting the upm_process.log with appropriate debugging should show how the utilization is being calculated.

I have created a new weekly report, so I have to wait, if it is getting better now.

I will let you know.

So, the new weekly report does not show the high Utilizations anymore, but there is a new problem:

In the "Report Details", there are 7 devices and 126 interfaces, but in the "Interface Utilization Summary", there are only 49 Interfaces.

I have added a screenshot, so that you can see, what I mean.

Do you see any errors in your poller relating to these other interfaces?

No, in the List of Pollers, there are all status "aktiv" without any error.

It appears you're running a copy of the Interface Utilization Quick Report.  If you run the built-in Quick Report, does it show all of the interfaces?

When running the build in Interface Utilization Quick Report, there are shown 27 of 126 Interfaces.

It seems, that the number of Interfaces changes every day, when running the report.