cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0.1 - Inventory collection failed

smandrapa
Level 1
Level 1

LMS 4.0.1 installed on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard with SP1.

Created Inventory collection job, but couple of hours later, it is failed with all devices Not Attempted. Increased SNMP timeout on 10 sec, started again for only 1 device - collection failed again.

I am attaching pdshow and ICServer file.

What could be a problem?

6 Replies 6

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

Try to delete and readdd the device and then check the issue..

If the Inventory failed again then first clear the IC_server.log >> Enable the debuuging for Inventory and send me the new IC_server.log.

Thanks

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

We deleted one device, discovered it, configured credentials and started Inventory collection, but task is failed again.

Here is asked log file...

Hi ,

I checked the logs but it does not contain any releavant information..

Kindly try the job again and send me the log file..

Thanks

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

ftomek
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem. Have you solved it?

bumping, I am having the same problem

Caused by: com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.ags.system.CollectionFailed: com.cisco.nm.lib.snmp.futureapi.SnmpReqTimeoutException: SnmpRequestTimeout on XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX while performing SnmpWalk(*) at index = -1

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.pkgs.LibInventory.FlashAGI_CISCO_FLASH_HelperMethods.getFlashFileInfoFromDevice(FlashAGI_CISCO_FLASH_HelperMethods.java:139)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.pkgs.LibInventory.FlashAGI_CISCO_FLASH_HelperMethods.populateFlashAG(FlashAGI_CISCO_FLASH_HelperMethods.java:906)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.pkgs.SharedInventoryStack.FlashAGI_CISCO_FLASH_Mib.g$eval(FlashAGI_CISCO_FLASH_Mib.java:84)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.ags.FlashAGI.g$eval(FlashAGI.java:21)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.SdiEngine.initAndEvalAGIs(SdiEngine.java:383)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.SdiEngine.request(SdiEngine.java:309)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.SdiEngine.getDevRepr(SdiEngine.java:302)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.core.CollectionController.run(CollectionController.java:687)

marierey
Level 1
Level 1

Try increasing the SNMP timeout for this device. Go to RME > Devices > Device Management > RME  Devices.

if you don't find that option on your LMS version simply login and then change the address bar to http:\\servername:1741\rme\rmedevices.do

Select your device on the Device Selector and click on 'Edit  Device Attributes'. Next, click on 'Inline Edit' and set an SNMP timeout  value of 90 seconds to test. Save the changes by clicking on 'Modify'.

Then run a new IC job.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: