Error Code:    -5006 : 0x80030020
Error Information:
>Kernel\CABFile.cpp (648)
>SetupNew\setup.cpp (603)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$15.0.0.603
@Windows Server2003 Service Pack 2 (3790)
IE Version: 7.0.5730.13

I found some bug: CSCti76696 that resembles to this, but it is not yet publicly available in the bug toolkit...

Has anyone experienced simmilar problem during 4.0 installation?

BR,

Jasmina

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We have seen this once before when Windows Data Execution Prevention was enabled.  Try following the steps in https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9132 to see if the installation proceeds.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply Joseph!

Setting DEP to only protect critical Windows system files, and re-installing LMS afterwards, did not help. I'm still getting the error during installation.

I believe all other installation pre-requisites are fulfilled.

After the installation (both: the first and the second time), I noticed some additional problems:

e.g. Devices are successfully discovered, but after server reboot, all devices disappear from DCR!?!?

Trying to list All devices in DCR says that there are no devices (0 devices)...

Installation, and also LMS processes start after server reboot, seems to be quite slow (~90min for installation, and ~10min for LMS to become relatively functional after server reboot).

When trying to open "Inventory> Job Browsers> Device Credentials Verification"window, I get the error: "CDA0114: Operation failed while connecting to JRM. Make sure jrm and/or CTMJrmWrapper services are up and running."

I opened a TAC case, but no solution for now.

If anyone has some additional idea, it is most welcomed

Anyway, I will post a solution here if I get one from the TAC...

Best regards,

Jasmina

Hello,

I have just had the same problem with LMS 4.0 trial and I have resolved the issue. I copied the executable from my laptop to the server through my USB and it seems that the file got some way or another corrupt. I have tried everything but at the end i have copied the file again from my PC to the server and started OK. I would recommend downloading a hash file verification utility such as hashtab (http://implbits.com/) and store the md5 each time you download something from Cisco. Then you will know for sure if the file was downloaded/tranferred correctly.

Regards,

Nicos

TIA, Nicos Nicolaides

Sorry, I forgot to write my solution here.

In my case, DEP was the problem, but simple uninstall/install (after disabling DEP) did not help.

I had to use cleanup.exe procedure to completely clean the system, and after that, installation went fine.

Best regards,

Jasmina

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: