Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0 Issues

Martin Smid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was looking for some main topic which would have a list of issues so far found in LMS 4.0. Here are few first minor bumps on the road.

1) Missing Navigation Panel on several pages

2) Device configuration not being backed up even though all devices are supposed to be managed (LMS didn't even try to download the config. In the configuration overview there was just "Total 1" instead of 2.

I would like to add more and more issues into this thread or if one of the moderators could create a separate folder just for this kind of topics I think it would make the search and life much easier.

P.S.: Any hints or fixes are appreciated

Regards,

Martin

21 Replies 21

Troubleshooting this may become difficult as you cannot share the full details of your network.  At this point, I need to see the dcmaservice.log after you enable ArchiveMgmt Service debugging under Admin > System > Debug Settings > Config and Image Management Debugging settings and re-run the failing job.

Hello Joe,

I have tried to send you the log three times as a PM, but it always failed with errors saying that I didn't fill in the username, left blank subject and didn't enter anything in the body. I guess this is caused by the length of the log. I don't want to upload it on some external file sharing website. Could you please send me an email I can send it to?

Thank you very much for taking the time Joe.

Kind regards,

Martin

Message was edited by: Martin Smid

If the logs cannot be posted to the community, you will need to move this into a formal TAC service request.  You can use the "Open Service Request" action in the Actions panel.  Because this is an eval, it may only be a P4 issue, but you will be able to share the logs with the TAC engineer.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The Command Failed indicates that something prevented the copy of vlan.dat from happening back to the LMS server.  This copy will be done using TFTP only.  Therefore, make sure UDP port 69 and all ephmeral UDP ports are open between the device and the LMS server.  Try doing the copy operation manually to confirm it works.

If this is an LMS 4.0 eval, there is no TAC support.  You can get best-effort support here on CSC.

Hi,

Thanks Joe so far. The reason I asked about TAC is that the forum is pretty much voluntary so I just wanted to take the pressure of.

All these devices are in LMS 3.2, which we are currently using and are backed up with no issues what so ever (startup, running, vlan.dat, via SSH, Telnet, SNMP you name it). Between the LMS server and the switches is just another switch (for our VMware farm) and then the 6509 (which I am trying to back up as well). Bottom line; there is no firewall. I will try to get the packet sniffer in today and get some more info.

What worries me is the fact that 3.2 has no issues with them. They are both VM builds and I think they even sit on the same host and even if they don't, there are no config differences between our VM hosts.

I have copied the vlan.dat via putty just to make 100% sure it works. And it does work if I copy it to a TFTP on my PC, but it does not work if I punch in the IP address of the LMS server. I guess the LMS server opens the connection only when it needs to (because it didn't work manually even from the 3.2, yet it can backup vlan.dat files)

Here is a brief output from "netstat -a" conserning UDP and TFTP. I can send you the whole lot in a PM if you want me to.

*******output omitted********

UDP   LANMAN-1:tftp   *:*                   
  UDP   LANMAN-1:snmp   *:*                   
  UDP   LANMAN-1:snmptrap  *:*               

*******output omitted********

Regards,

Martin

Martin Smid
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

This has been now classified as a bug ID CSCts98495.

You can access CSCts98495 from below link :

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCts98495

The workaround for the timebeing is to copy crmtftp.exe from previous version (3.2) into 4.0. You will need to obviously stop the TFTP service (not the whole LMS daemon)

Thank you all for your help with this!

Development has a handle on this, and they expect to have a patch late next month.  In the meantime, the workaround, as you state, is to use the crmtftp.exe from an LMS 3.x installation.