cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.0 - Using Netconfig for SCP transfer.

William Hahnel
Level 1
Level 1

Trying to use Netconfig to create a job to transfer a file from a server to the router via SCP.  It fails at Password entry as follows.  Any ideas??

Source username [me]?

Destination filename [file1]?

%Warning:There is a file already existing with this name

Do you want to over write? [confirm]

Translating "Servername"...domain server (111.111.111.111) [OK]

Password:

% Password: timeout expired!

% Authentication failed.

2 Replies 2

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Try to increase the job timeout for telnet and other parameters and re-run the job.

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

I changed the timeout values under Admin> Collection Settings> Config> Config Job Timeout Settings and Admin> Collection Settings> Inventory> Inventory/Config Timeout and Retry Settings>Telnet Timeout with no success.  Still getting the same password timeout error.  

Experimented some more at the command line and found the following behavior that I cannot get NetConfig to account for.  At the prompt to confirm the file overwrite, if I type a "y", it does not wait for a carriage return and immediately displays the password prompt.  If I just type a carriage return to confirm the overwrite, there is a slight delay and then the password prompt appears. 

I'm thinking this behavior is causing the failures since in the case of confirming with a "y" response, NetConfig is adding a carriage return which is being seen as the password.  In the case of just giving a default response with a carriage return, NetConfig is maybe sending the password too quickly before the password prompt is received.

Just cannot find a way to get this to work.