Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.1 licensing

Tochukwu Iwuora
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Ladies and Gents,

Happy New Year to you all and hope you had a splendid holiday.

I have a customer that purchased an LMS 3.0 package and later upgraded it to LMS 3.2 using same license for 300 devices.

Now the customer wants to upgrade to LMS 4.1 and is asking if they can get a similar free upgrade as before, especially since their current LMS is covered under an SP Base contract.

Do you know if the SP Base contract will qualify them for this? I have tried discussing it with a TAC licensing Engineer and the Local Accounts team both have not given me a solid answer....

Your soonest feedback will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Tochi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe the answer is "No". Please refer to the SP Base Program Q and A document. It specifically states software application major releases are not included (Table 1, page 3).

To upgrade an LMS 3.2 300 device license to 4.1, the required product SKU would be LMS41-300-UP-K9. This is as noted in the LMS 4.1 product bulletin, Table 6.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe the answer is "No". Please refer to the SP Base Program Q and A document. It specifically states software application major releases are not included (Table 1, page 3).

To upgrade an LMS 3.2 300 device license to 4.1, the required product SKU would be LMS41-300-UP-K9. This is as noted in the LMS 4.1 product bulletin, Table 6.

Thanks Marvin,

You made my day. I still have one more question.

In case the customer wants to upgrade to LMS4.1 but with 1000-1500 devices, can they purchase the LMS41-1.5K-UP-K9 instead of the LMS41-300-UP-K9.

Or should they buy the LMS41-300-UP-K9 and use the L-LMS-4.1-500-ADD......

I'm am guessing they can do it both ways, just need a confirmation. The first will be much faster though.

Thanks again!

You're welcome.

Either path will work as long as you get the correct number of total devices. Simplicity-wise it's really easy to just add a second license file to the installation. It is one more thing to track though.

I'd say the decision criterion should be which option is most cost-effective for your customer.