Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2.1 Fault Setup doesn´t show any devices

Wolfgang Maier
Level 1
Level 1

Good day to all,

LMS discoverd all my devices and updated the DCR. This devices are visible in DFM. For some of this devices i would like to change the threshold values.

For some reason the devices are not visible in Monitor->Fault Settings->Seup->Threshold Settings (please see screenshot)

Is there another approach to change the threshold values? Thank you

Regards,

Chris

5 Replies 5

Wolfgang Maier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

any hints on this issue? Would be great if someone can point me in the right direction.

Regards,

Chris

You can only change the thresholds on a group, not on individual devices.

Cheers,

Michel

Hi Michel,

thank you for your reply. OK, i get that but when i  expand the device type groups none of the switches are listed. Please  see attached image.

For some switches (Cat 6509-V-E) the temperature threshold is to low so that we are spamed with critical alarms. In LMS

3.2 i could easy change that value.

Thank you

Regards,

Chris

You can now only alter the thresholds for one group, 'Switches and Hubs'. That might be a bit to broad.

I believe fault management does the right thing. It asks the Cat 6K what the threshold value is for each temperature and voltage sensor should be. It is the switch IOS that returns no or a bad value.

You may want open a TAC case for this. Maybe an IOS version that fixes this is known.

Yo could start by putting an IOS on the switch that is the latests in it's train. E.g. if you run  12.1.9XY then the latest images in the train might be 12.1.14XY

Normaly this means it only has bug fixes, not new functionality. (so not too many new bugs  )

Alternatively I think you can put the Cat 6K's in a user defined group and set the thresholds different. Then you need to raise the priority of the group above the group where the Cat 6k would normaly end up.

My prefered solution is the first as I like cisco to clean up their mess, I'll clean up mine 

Cheers,

Michel

Hi Michel,

i´ll open a TAC case for this. It is also strange that with LMS 4.2 i cannot suspend a particular interface of a device, like a shutdown vlan interface. Do you know how to fix this?

Thanks. Regards,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: