Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2 and Shadow Dir/Config Backups

jvalentine22
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Back with more LMS questions.  We have 4.2 running (two separate instances - we have more than one network) and I have a config collection job set up.  Upon initial discovery, configs were pulled from all devices into the Shadow director as expected.    However, since initial discovery, the Shadow directory has not been updated despite the fact that it is set up to pull config backups daily from all devices.

Under the Archival Summary, it does show that all devices were successful or partially successful (the partials are where VLAN collection failed...I'm unsure why it is even trying given I disabled VLAN collection).  So it appears to be working, yet the configurations have not changed in the Shadow directory.

Any ideas why this may be happening?  Does it only update the Shadow dir if the device config actually changed since last scheduled job?  None of the configs HAVE changed since I discovered them. 

We use SNMPv3 and SSH as access methods for LMS.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

Jen                

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ngoldwat
Level 4
Level 4

You answered it... The shadow directory only contains the current config and only changes when updated.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ngoldwat
Level 4
Level 4

You answered it... The shadow directory only contains the current config and only changes when updated.

Thanks.

Thanks much!  I wasn't sure but am glad to have confirmation that it is functioning as expected.

Jen

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card