cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2 Applications missing from Software Center

jedavis
Level 4
Level 4

I have a problem with LMS 4.2.4 Software center on Win2K8.  I have been trying to download device updates and the only product listed in software center has been:

Inventory Config And Image Management

It seems like this happened to me before and I opened a TAC case and got the list of products back but I can't seem to locate the case history.  To top it off my LMS support contract is in limbo due to some administrative glitch and I am waiting for my account team to sort it out.  Meanwhile I have just installed some relatively new products (3850, 4500-X) and LMS doesn't seem to recognize these completely.

The list of apps seems to be stored in the NMSROOT\lib\classpath\com\cisco\nm\xms\psu\conf\tag.properties.  I stumbled accross a tag.pl script in the bin directory that modifies this file.  So I searched in vain for the proper contents for the tag.properties file.  In the end I just issued the following sequence to get common services back:

cd <NMSROOT>\lib\classpath\com\cisco\nm\xms\psu\conf

perl D:\Software\CSCOpx\bin\tag.pl tag.properties -a "cmf:Common Services"

So I am not sure why a perl script to modify the tag.properties file is necessary since it just seems to append the specified product to the end of the file. In any event I then went to

Admin > System > Software Center > Device Update

and sure enough CMF appears and I am able to check for and install device updates for it.  However, I still seem to be unable to perform UT collection for the 3850 stack which is what I am really after.  So does anyone know what product I need to add and get updates for in order to get user tracking working?  In other words, what is the output of

psucli.bat -h?

Thanks,

-Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jeff,

looks like tag.prop is corrupted.

it should have the below content :

ipm:IPSLA Performance Management

cmf:Common Services

lmsportal:LMS Portal

cvw:CiscoView

rme:Inventory Config And Image Management

dfm:Fault Management

lms:LAN Management Solution

upm:Device Performance Management

cm:Network Topology Layer 2 Services and User Tracking

Is this a new Installed ? if yes share the Installed.log

if you have good backup ,then try retstoring it.

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

Check the screen shot . Are all the Application checked ?

Make sure they are checked.

psucli.bat -h?   is the help command for Psucli.

chekc this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.1/user/guide/admin/swcenter.html

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroj,

Yes all of the applications are checked in the Device Allocation Settings.  The problem seems to be that the tag.properties file is corrupt.  It currently just contains these 2 lines, and I added the second one.

Consequently my device update screen appears as in the attachment.

Thanks,

-Jeff

Hi Jeff,

looks like tag.prop is corrupted.

it should have the below content :

ipm:IPSLA Performance Management

lmsportal:LMS Portal

cvw:CiscoView

dfm:Fault Management

lms:LAN Management Solution

upm:Device Performance Management

cm:Network Topology Layer 2 Services and User Tracking

Is this a new Installed ? if yes share the Installed.log

if you have good backup ,then try retstoring it.

Thanks-

Afroz

Hi Afroj,

Interestingly enough once I minimized all the windows I had open I found a tag.properties file on the Windows desktop dated 3/5/2013.  This may have been a file that TAC provided last time I had this problem.  I popped that into the conf directory and now I see all the products in the device update window. 

Thanks for your help!

-Jeff

Great

Thanks-

[Do resolved the thread ,if it has helped you ]