Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2 Prime Issue_SMTP

vishweswaran.k
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is it possibe to change SMTP port from 25 to any other in LMS..? Bcoz in scenario where we keep SMTP server to flow on some different port rather default port 25. So our LMS also should communicate in the new specified port to send DFM Alerts. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance ...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, this seems hardcoded and no way to change.

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately, this seems hardcoded and no way to change.

-Thanks

Dear Vinod,

Thanks a ton for your reply...

Any other idea how to setup our network to get email alert from LMS in this situation...?

Seems a very difficult situation where the Email/POP server may not be able to hear anything from LMS. Without which nothing can be expected.

I have seen some other request from customer on similar issues from old LMS 3.2 days, without any solution.

This is a very straight forward thing, and not much of the tweaks are available. Soryr, I dont have any good news on this issue.

-Thanks

Hi Vinod,

Can you pls check the attached packetcapture from the LMS server...

Here, as Viswesaran mentioned, the smtp is in cloud with public ip and the port is 587.

We are able to telnet to this port from LMS server..

In DFM the device interface is managed and kept the interface down for 5 mins and taken pcap from the lms server.

There is an alert in the DFM during this period as well..

Can we configure gmail/yahoo for testing purpose., we did but not working..

Pls help.

regards

Rajesh

It seem LMS is sending it to port 25. It cannot send it to any other port. hence it is expected that it may not work.

-Thanks

Thank Vnod,

I do see now that, telnet to port 25 and 587 are showing the same connected output from lms server to smtp server....

Is there any other way to check this ?? The configuration is correct in lms.

regards

-Rajesh

From the pcap, i did see that there is some kind of client authentication failed, which is sent by the server to the lms server..

Secondly, the ports 25 and 587 are used for the same purpose as per wikipedia. You may see that 3 way handshake is happening, server sends system ready msg, LMS sends hello to xchange server, LMS sends mail to server, then gets the error in line number 188.

Hence ports should not be a problem i guess..

Any idea what could have gone wrong and getting the authentiation error in the pcap.

regards

--Rajesh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: