Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 4.2 Topology and Layer 2 Services

yoshipower
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'd like to get detailled informations about my network equipement. For some reason, some of my switches don't give everything I need when I use Troubleshooting Workflows : I can't access to ports information.

When i want to view topology, I've got an error message : ERROR~The root device you specified is not managed by Topology and Layer2  services

The problem is that I don't have this message everywhere. For instance, there are two 2950T Switches on my network with the same software version, 12.1(20)EA1a, and almost the same configuration, but for one of these I can get details about port status, and for the other I can't.

How can I enable Topology and Layer 2 services ?

5 Replies 5

yoshipower
Level 1
Level 1

Still no idea about my problem ?

Hi , if You have any ansver for thi problem give some information.

Regards

Hi ,

First of all check and make sure:

that all the devices are managed under  "Topology and Layer2 services" Please Go to :

admin > Getting Started > Select Device Management workflow from the Assistant pane.

In the appeared window please make sure that the "Allocate all device" check box is checked in order to import the devices in DCR to the all listed applications on LMS also make sure that below Application is CHECKED:

+Network Topology, Layer 2 Services and User Tracking

If above is correct then It must be a DATABASE issue and to resolve it , you need to re-intialize the ANI database as follows:

Please find below the steps of reinitializing ANI database :

1-stop daemon manager :

Net stop crmdmgtd 
/etc/init.d/dmgtd stop 2-go to : NMSRoot/CSCOpx/bin 3-execute the following command : perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI  (windows)

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI  (solaris\linux\softappliance)
4-start the daemon manager :  Net start crmdmgtd
/etc/init.d/dmgtd start 

5: wait until all the process be up then start a new data collection for all devices ::  Admin > Collection Settings > Data Collection > Data Collection Schedule  Then check the topology after the completion of DATA Collection.

Thanks-
Afroz
[Do rate the useful post]
Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks a lot.

Yours advice is very good.

After reinitializing databases and restart my serwer LMS in this case working properly.

But I still have a problem wth User Tracking. Some new attatch to network devices: WS-C2960S-48LPS-L.now show me any MAC and address IP. What should I do in this case?

Hi,

Ran a new user tracking acquisitionand check the issue , if it did not work then open a new thread.

Thanks-

Afroz

[Do rate the useful post]

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****