cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS Current Release Question

GERARD PUOPLO
Level 1
Level 1

I been away from LMS since release 3.2.   Am now interested in what has changed since then.

1) Is LMS now available for Redhat Linux ? 

2) Is HUM included with an unlimited license for LMS or is HUM still a seperate add-on ?

3) Is Cisco Prime just LMS repackaged as an applicance ?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1. Among the distributions available is a soft appliance which can be loaded onto a VMware ESXi server and runs as a Linux guest OS. It includes the underlying hardened Linux, a variant of the RHEL distro, I believe.

2. The product formerly known as HUM has been incorporated into the Performance aspect of the LMS server.

3. Cisco Prime is the umbrella term for several products. Cisco Prime Infrastructure is the only ordering mechanism for new purchases and includes Prime LMS (4.2) and NCS (1.1). It is available as an installable application server (for Windows or Solaris), a soft appliance (as I mentioned above), or as a hardware appliance with the product pre-installed.

So LMS  (excluding the applicance package) still is only available for Windows and Solaris.   I was hoping Linux platform support was now available.  Thx

Well the soft appliance has Linux baked in but it requires a WMware server hypervisor. You can run it as a bare metal hypervisor with ESXi server 4.1 or 5.0. That's as close as you get.

If you have a Linux server that you want to run Cisco Prime LMS over top of, that's not an option.

Here's a link with the detailed requirements.