Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS Prime 4.2.4 - IP SLA discovery

ThibaultMean
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to setup LMS Prime 4.2.4 so that i retrieves existing IP SLA configuration on a device.

It seems that either it does not work or I don't do it properly.

Can someone tell me how to fetch IP SLA config/ statistics from a device into LMS Prime ?

Main idea here is that I don't want to create a collectors from LMS but rather have LMS populate it's collector database from existing configuration on a device.

Thanks,

Thibault

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think you are asking for this :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16294

-Thanks

Vinod

**Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

I am gald I was able to help! I found this Cisco document later, please check this for more details on this feature :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_internetwork_performance_monitor/4.2/user/guide/ipmcom.html#wp1444337

Please check the topic : Importing a collector from the source device for details.

Please mark this case resolved if it answers your query.

-Thanks

Vinod

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think you are asking for this :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16294

-Thanks

Vinod

You've made my day.

Thanks

I am gald I was able to help! I found this Cisco document later, please check this for more details on this feature :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_internetwork_performance_monitor/4.2/user/guide/ipmcom.html#wp1444337

Please check the topic : Importing a collector from the source device for details.

Please mark this case resolved if it answers your query.

-Thanks

Vinod

Thanks for your answer.

I was very happy until I realized the polling frequency was abitrary set to 1 hour for all the discovered collectors.

Been trying to use a file to manually import collectors now for hours as it seems the only way to set the polling interval to 1 or 5 mins but it does not work.

/var/adm/CSCOpx/log/ipmcli.log and  /var/adm/CSCOpx/log/ipmclient.log are showing this error :

[ Fri Jan 10  15:03:12 CET 2014 ],INFO ,[TP-Processor18],com.cisco.nm.ipmng.collectormgr.util.IPMCSVFileParser,importCollectors,448,Collector Coll_25410_UDP Jitter - Invalid Operation (UDP Jitter_25410)

Back to where I was, IP SLA discovery and monitoring with 1 or 5 minutes tf is not working.

Thibault

I managed to get the file import working so here are my findings :

If you want to use a file to import IP SLA collector, keep in mind that LMS prime will create the ip sla config on the source device anyway but as it is done through SNMP a "show run" will not display anything.

- The descriptions field is mandatory, so the file MUST have the following :

;HEADER:Collector Name,Description,Source Display Name,Target Display Name,Operation Name,Operation Type,Vrf Name,Source Interface Address ,Collector Type,Start Date,End Date,Poll Start Time,Poll End Time,DaysOfWeek,Poll-Interval

- The Operation Name must be of an existing operation in LMS, you cannot enter a random value here

This is usually the case when there is a software that is setting up all these IP SLA probes by SNMP. A large IP SLA mesh can have 100s of probes and each probes can have a few lines of configs associated with it.

so it is not efficient to store all these lines of configs in the memory. This particular setting is set by this SNMP object ... Toggling the truth value of this object will affect the storage if IP SLA configs in show  run.

rttMonCtrlAdminNvgen OBJECT-TYPE
     -- FROM     CISCO-RTTMON-MIB
     -- TEXTUAL CONVENTION TruthValue
     SYNTAX          Integer { true(1), false(2) }
     MAX-ACCESS     read-create
     STATUS          Current
     DESCRIPTION    "When set to true, this entry will be shown in 
        'show running' command and can be saved into
        Non-volatile memory."

If not in Run-config, you can find the IP SLA configuration using command:

Show ip sla config

-Thanks

Vinod

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: