Views
Helpful
Replies

Logging enable on ASR 1000 Series and ASR 9000 Series

Irbis_Grey
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Team

Currently i use "logging event subif-link-status" on each interface to monitor link up-downs. What is the correct command to use from the global config mode, instead of that from the interface? The point is that i need to see if any sub drops, but without serious influence on cpu, memory of the device or logging overflood.

PS: Please advice for both - ASR 1K and ASR 9K.

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You could try  logging event link-status in the global config.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

It works on 9K, but 1K does not have such an option in the global config.

- Could be limited to the platform-capabilities. Other options are testing with the most recent software release if applicable/feasible and or wanted.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

We have the latest sw upgrade. There are options like logging alarm informational, logging buffered informational, could they fit on this situation? How do they behave exactly (i`ve read the instructions here, but still need more practical answer)?

The  logging alarm informational and related command-set only specifies the verbosity for the specified (sys)-log level. Buffered logging means that the device will also keep a record of the log messages instead of just displaying them on the console.

M.