cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

logging in solarwinds

chpmotry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone. I have a switch 2960x-48ts-l. I want when I make a change in its configuration, a switch send a log to SolarWinds with ip 10.10.10.1. and i configured the logging in switch:

logging trap notifications
logging source-interface Vlan3
logging host 10.10.10.1
access-list 1 permit 10.10.10.1
!
snmp-server community ciscoNet RO 1
snmp-server enable traps config
snmp-server enable traps syslog

but when i change in config of switch ,dont see any thing in solarwinds . but when the port of switch is up or down ,the solarwinds shows that the state of port is changed.

why and what i do to solve this problem.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @chpmotry,

You say "I want when I make a change in its configuration, a switch send a log to SolarWinds with ip 10.10.10.1. and i configured the logging in switch [...]"

The "notifications" level will only capture system notifications, which may not include changes to the configuration.

You can try increasing the logging level to "informational" or "debugging" to capture more detailed information about configuration changes. For example:

logging trap informational or logging trap debugging

Lastly, you may want to consider using SNMP traps to capture configuration changes instead of relying solely on logging. This can be achieved by enabling the "snmp-server enable traps config" command on the switch, which will send an SNMP trap to the configured server when a configuration change occurs. 

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- If you are referring to logging configuration changes (too) then add these directives in the running config :

R1#configure terminal
           Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z. R1(config)#archive
           R1(config-archive)#log config
           R1(config-archive-log-cfg)#logging enable
           R1(config-archive-log-cfg)#logging size 500
           R1(config-archive-log-cfg)#hidekeys
           R1(config-archive-log-cfg)#notify syslog
          R1(config-archive-log-cfg)#end
R1#

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

M02@rt37
VIP
VIP

Hello @chpmotry,

You say "I want when I make a change in its configuration, a switch send a log to SolarWinds with ip 10.10.10.1. and i configured the logging in switch [...]"

The "notifications" level will only capture system notifications, which may not include changes to the configuration.

You can try increasing the logging level to "informational" or "debugging" to capture more detailed information about configuration changes. For example:

logging trap informational or logging trap debugging

Lastly, you may want to consider using SNMP traps to capture configuration changes instead of relying solely on logging. This can be achieved by enabling the "snmp-server enable traps config" command on the switch, which will send an SNMP trap to the configured server when a configuration change occurs. 

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.