cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking For EEM or ios TCL script to configure IP SLA from file or env variables

GERARD PUOPLO
Level 1
Level 1

I have a standalone router that I am using to run IP SLA jitter tests and that the sends ip sla traps on various reaction alerts.  The reaction alerts are mainly to detect periods of continous packet loss which occur when traffic exceed bandwidth of tunnels..    I do not have LMS.  I am using cacti to graph the IP SLA values.

I plan to have many IP SLA tests defined on this router and I would like an easy way to manage the creation and deletion of the IP SLA tests since we often need to add or remove IP SLA targets.

What I was thinking of is creating an input file that has a line per IP SLA test with attributes like the IP SLA id number, target address, target tag, interval timer etc per test.   Then I was thinking of creating a EEM policy that would each day read the input file and add or delete the IP SLA definitions to resync with the input file.

Does anyone here have an ios TCl script or EEM script that does something similiar to this that I can use an a template ?  I will be using a router that supports EEM 3.0.

Thx

Jerry

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have two scripts that might be some good inspiration.  One reads virtual ECMP bundle details from EEM envvars while the other reads a config of ports from a file on flash (the format is listed in the script header).