Views
Helpful
Replies

Meraki Firewall Not detecting WAN 1

Mark AK
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

Im hoping if I can get some help here. I recently configured a router/modem to bridge mode. The connected to the modem/router to WAN 1 on the Meraki Firewall. I also configured the firewall to pppoe with the right crendential that I got from the DSL router/modem

My question is doesn't the firewall supposed to output the IP address from the router/modem automatically? 

I restarted the firewall as well but didn't output the IP address. 

5 Replies 5

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @Mark AK ,

yes, if the settings for the WAN link are correct, your Meraki should get an IP address from your ISP as part of the PPP negotiation.

Check that you have the correct settings for the WAN port:

VLAN tagging - ask your ISP

Connection type - usually PPPoE, but check with the ISP

Authentication - Use authentication

Username - provided by ISP

Password - provided by ISP

IPv4 assignment - dynamic, but check with the ISP

IPv6 assignment - dynamic, but check with the ISP

Hope this helps.

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Thank you, kindly. 

Hello,

I guess you could test if the router/modem gets an IP address if you configure it in router mode. That way you know if your settings and credentials are correct...

Hi Georg,

Thanks for the reply. I did set the router/modem to dynamic and it gets the ip address right away. So I know its working. In regards to the credential. when I set up the modem/router to bridge mode then do the dial up setup ppoe credential.  It goes through  with  no issue. I did double check the credential for pppoe on the meraki firewall which is the right one. Im trying to assest what else I might have miss.

Thank you in advance

When you go to your Meraki Dashboard and select Security & SD-WAN -> Appliance status -> Uplink, you should see something like this:

General

PUBLIC IP           xx.yyy.zzz.aaa
Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card