Views
Helpful
Replies

MIB support on IR1101 ios 17.03.03

greg03898
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all 

I've just started a project involving some IR1101 units and have come across an issue with ios 17.03.03

I'm attempting to pull SNMP traps from the routers for the physical alarm input port labelled "AA"

In wiring a simple switch to test I can get the IRR1101_ALARM_CONTACT-0-EXTERNAL state ASSERTED and this shows up in the logs on the router. I've found a MIB group which I believe is the status for this contact  called CISCO-ENTITY-ALARM-MIB on the Cisco Feature Navigator site, however it only shows support for this MIB on older versions of ios for the IR1101, there is no record for support on  v17.03.03. 

Within Solarwinds I can find the MIB, drill down to the CiscoEntiryAlarmAsserted / AlarmCleared OIDs, and test these against the IR1101 but it comes back with unsupported. 

has anyone used the physical ALARM input on the IR1101 before, and if so is that the correct MIB for SNMP traps that looks to be unsupported specifically on ios 17.03.03?

many thanks for any help

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

>  I'm attempting to pull SNMP traps 

I assume by  that you are only trying to query MIB variables ,because snmp-traps can not be pulled but are only send by the device (?)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Yes, sorry for the confusion. At the moment I'm only trying to query the MIBs to see which from within Solarwinds are supported on the IR1101. 

I have used Solarwinds plenty in the past but am pretty unfamiliar with Cisco SNMP. 

I have SNMPv3 setup with users and groups, with the Soalrwinds IP setup as the snmp-server host and traps enabled

thanks

- For supported MIBS on the device go here : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/access/1100/technical_reference/1100_mib_guide/isr1100_MIB/1100mib_02.html  usually , it is advisable to query needed variables with snmpget (manually) first and or see if they exist and or can be used.

M,

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks for the link, I have already been able to find the supported MIBs for the IR1101 through https://cfnng.cisco.com/mibs but unfortunately they only show releases up to ios 17.2.1v, which does support the MIBs required.

(I'm unable to access support lists on the cisco ftp server as I get access denied at folder level ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/supportlists/)

However, my devices have been shipped with ios 17.3.3, which I cannot find any reference to anywhere, and using snmpget I'm returning an "unsupported" result. 

cheers

- Could you have a fallback with snmp v2c and check if that is usable (meaning if also configured on the IR1101)

M.

Hi Marce,

I can't get the any response from the IR1101 using SNMP v2c for the MIB/OIDs I'm looking for. 

The specific OIDs I'm hoping to use are 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.138.2.0.1 and 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.138.2.0.2, which are ceAlarmAsserted and ceAlarmCleared. 

I don't see any other way to use these OIDs to trigger an alert using SNMP get, as I constantly run into "OID not supported" on the 17.03.03 ios. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: