cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration WCS (virtual) to NCS

Heiko Kelling
Level 1
Level 1

We have to migrate a WCS (virtual, windows 2003) to NCS.

In Cisco NCS Release Notes I´ve found the migration steps:

"There is no GUI for exporting data from WCS 7.x. A new CLI “export userdata” is available in WCS 7.x which creates the .zip file containing the individual data files. The CLI does not provide any option to customize what can be exported; all non-global user-defined items are exported."

But my WCS is running on a Windows 2003 server, not on an appliance. Is it possible to make a ssh session to the wcs? I tried it, but it doesn´t work.

Could somebody give me a solution?

Best regards,

Heiko

2 Replies 2

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are migrating from a version of the Cisco Wireless Controller System (WCS) to the Cisco Prime Network Control System, perform the following steps to export data from the Cisco Wireless Controller System (WCS).

Step 1 Stop the existing WCS.

Step 2 Execute the cd command to the bin directory.

Step 3 Run the export using one of the following commands, depending on your operating system. Provide the path and export file name as prompted.

In Linux: export.sh all /data/wcs.zip

In Windows: export.bat all c:/wcs.zip

Please note, that NCS supports data migration from WCS releases 7.0.164.3 and 7.0.172.0. If you do not have this release of WCS, you must upgrade to either WCS 7.0.164.3 or 7.0.172.0 first and then follow the migration steps.

For mroe details see :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/ncs/appliance/install/guide/primencs_qsgmain.html

For more details on upgrading WCS to NCS check :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/ncs/1.0/configuration/guide/tasks.html#wp1205266

-Thanks

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

You will have to redo some of

You will have to redo some of the config for the 4503.  You'll have alot of layer 2 and 3 capabilities to use.  Have you tried simulating the migration with GNS or will you be setting up a lab with the new switch?you can use third party software for file migration..i use gs richcopy 360 for all my migration need, as it has features like copying long file path names, copying NTFS file permissions and is not too costly

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: