Views
Helpful
Replies

Modem not yet initialized Cisco 1921 VDSL

Nelu
Level 1
Level 1
Good morning,
initially it was all working on the router, after a down of the line a strange thing happened.
If I give the command show controllers vdsl 0/0/0 the output is:
1921 # show controllers vdSL 0/0/0 VDSL Controller 0/0/0 is DOWN Daemon Status: Start DSL modem is not yet initialized. Firmware Source File Name -------- ------ ---------- OS FW embedded VDSL_LINUX_DEV ******* If I try to check the logs I get the following results:

err% VDSL_DAEMON-3-MODEMRESET: VDSL Modem reset. Reloading the modem. notice% CONTROLLER-5-UPDOWN: VDSL controller 0/0/0, changed state to down notice% LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Ethernet0 / 0/0 interface, changed state to down err% VDSL_DAEMON-3-INITFAIL: VDSL DSL Daemon init retries done max times init failed. I state that I tried to search for errors online, without obtaining relevant results. What could have caused these errors? What do these errors means? The carrier (CD led of the cisco router 1921 flashes) while previously it was on fixed, sign
that the router receives carrier. As soon as I replaced the router with another (same model as the vdsl card) I noticed that
everything works fine on the new one. Thank you in advance. Nelu
1 Reply 1

ITVC
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have the similar problem on a C887VAM router,

Router#show controller vdsl 0

Controller VDSL 0 is DOWN

Daemon Status: Start

DSL modem is not yet initialized.

Firmware Source File Name (version)
-------- ------ -------------------
OS FW embedded VDSL_LINUX_DEV_01212008 (1)

Training Log : Stopped
Training Log Filename : flash:vdsllog.bin

the firmware you have on your router.
Thank you

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card