Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitor DHCP pool

B D
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

we have a lot of shops where we offer wifi to our customers. Because this needs to be separated from the rest of the traffic (no access to internal), it was decided to run a DHCP server in the vrf on the local routers. Because we have more than 600 shops, it would be nice if we could monitor the DHCP pools. It would be great if we could get an alarm or syslog message or OID that reads this out, if for example 90% of the leases are in use.

We have 1921 and 1841 routers in our shops.

I searched for oid's => none found that work on our models

I searched for snmp => nothing that works

I searched for syslog => only through debug I got something, but that's not a good way to work in production.

Does anybody have an idea on how we can achieve this?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Does your monitoring platform support telnet/ssh, running a command and collecting the output?

Thanks for your answer, Philip.

we have a platform where this is possible, but because of the big amount of devices, we have a policy that states that the initiative should come from the devices themselves (and not the platform that goes through every device to collect the data) - i.e. the devices send a report to the platform once a day. This way we also have data that's more correct.

Any more ideas for our dhcp issue?

Thanks.

You could write an event action script to send you an email, or some other action, when the DHCP event happens.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card