Views
Helpful
Replies

NBAR2 Protocol Pack per router model

SP2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I am wondering if NBAR2's PP is router model specific. As I go about downloading the PP version 32 I see the file names have the model chassis embedded into it. Wonder if PP v32 for ASR1000 would be any different to ISR4000 as it should go be IOS version.. Any thoughts ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

PaulP
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

NBAR2 comes in 2 ways: built into the software release or loaded which requires upload of the package to the router and applying it. Loaded package will save the command into running config so at reboot it will use the loaded package rather than the built in.

As long as the version of codes are similar than the PP should be the same. Easiest way is to check using "show ip nbar version" and "show ip nbar protocol-pack active.

To change the PP use "ip nbar protocol-pack flash:protocol-pack  [force]

Use force when downgrading the version from the built-in version.

EDIT: Reading the question again does help :) but hey, I hope someone finds this useful.

To answer your question: yes, they are the same. You can check the size, release date and checksum of the file.

Hope it helps,

Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

PaulP
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

NBAR2 comes in 2 ways: built into the software release or loaded which requires upload of the package to the router and applying it. Loaded package will save the command into running config so at reboot it will use the loaded package rather than the built in.

As long as the version of codes are similar than the PP should be the same. Easiest way is to check using "show ip nbar version" and "show ip nbar protocol-pack active.

To change the PP use "ip nbar protocol-pack flash:protocol-pack  [force]

Use force when downgrading the version from the built-in version.

EDIT: Reading the question again does help :) but hey, I hope someone finds this useful.

To answer your question: yes, they are the same. You can check the size, release date and checksum of the file.

Hope it helps,

Paul

Thanks Paul,

Yes you answered to the point :) I did a quick check on file size and checksum for 2 protocol packs v32 for router models- 1) ISR400 & 2) ASR1000 and both were same. It was just confusing why Cisco would embed router chassis/model no into these file names if they were the same for both models. Thanks for clarifying though !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: