cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NEED HELP WITH RIPv2 pinging other branches (ASAP)

wildhacker741
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

Please do not hesitate to help me out because i am new at packet tracer and networking. I will be adding  a picture on my network.

So the description of my network has a router and a switch. I had 2 branches, "Customer Service" and "Operation". So customer service i had 4 PCs connected to the switch and for Operations i had 10 PCs connected to the switch as well.

Apparently i has already assign VLANs to the respective branches. For "Operations" is VLAN 107. For "CustomerService" is VLAN 108. Both VLANs has no IP addresses and i already assign ports to the VLAN. For the unused port i shutdown. 

Anyway the default gateway for this 2 branches is 192.168.201.1

While the IP address for Customer service which only has 4 PCs is 192.168.201.12/24 until 192.168.201.15/24

And for the Operations IP  address branches which has 10 PCs is from 192.168.201.2/24 until 192.168.201.11/24

I done encapsulation to vlan without IP address

Now my question is, how do i get them both to be able ping each other? Because i already assign them to their respective VLANs port. I cant seems to ping because its in different VLANs. Do i need to remove default gateway? But i was not sure how do i configure them in order for them to ping each other.

1 Reply 1

chrihussey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

You can't have the same IP network in two different VLANs. Each VLAN should be assigned it's own unique IP network. The router should have an interface on each of these networks which would serve as the host's default gateway. You need to trunk the router to the switch and create sub-interfaces on the router for each VLAN. If implemented correctly, you should then be able to ping between VLANs.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: