Views
Helpful
Replies

Netconfig question

tinu.karki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I know how to do mass config changes using netconfig jobs. However i would like to add a line on all our L3 VLANs. The change is to add an ip-helper address to all VLANs. The VLANs are saved in our core 6500.

The question is how do you make mass changes to a VLAN?? it is easy to do for devices but is it possible to do it for VLANs?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is doable in RME 4.3 (part of LMS 3.2). A new feature was added which allows you to deploy mass configuration changes to ports and modules as well as devices. You can create a rule to match ports with a description containing vlan. Then, create an ad hoc task to set an ip helper-address on those ports. I just tested this, and it works.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is doable in RME 4.3 (part of LMS 3.2). A new feature was added which allows you to deploy mass configuration changes to ports and modules as well as devices. You can create a rule to match ports with a description containing vlan. Then, create an ad hoc task to set an ip helper-address on those ports. I just tested this, and it works.