cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netconfig schedule

mariowa
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to schedule Netconfig job in RME 3.5 every day? (not by copy the finish job)

Thank you

Mario

3 Replies 3

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

You can use cwconfig with the netconfig option

Then you may use cron

The example below can be used to clear the interface counters for a number of devices from the command line (this works for RME 3.4 and should be the same for RME 3.5)

First, one has to create a text file containing the list of managed devices.

In my case, I called the file "devices" and I placed it in the /opt/CSCOpx/bin folder.

The file called "devices" contains the following:

Next, one has to create a text file containing the command(s) you want to issue.

In my case, I called the file "command" and I placed it in the /opt/CSCOpx/bin folder.

The file called "command" contains the following:

clear counter

Next, cd to /opt/CSCOpx/bin and issue the commands:

chmod 666 command (to make sure that the file "command" can be read)

chmod 666 devices (to make sure that the file "devices" can be read)

./cwconfig netconfig -u admin -p admin -createjob -mode enable –failure CONTINUE -devicefile /opt/CSCOpx/bin/devices –commandfile /opt/CSCOpx/bin/command

It is assumed that the username is admin and the password is admin.

The same can be done on a Windows platform as well. Open a dos shell and cd to \bin

Issue the command:

cwconfig netconfig –u admin –p admin –createjob –mode enable –failure CONTINUE –devicefile d:\progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\devices –commandfile d:\progra~1\CSCOpx\bin\command

It is assumed that the files "devices" and "command" were created in d:\Program Files\CSCOpx\bin

My platform in Windows, the file chmod is not present in the bin dirctory, what would be the paralel conmand in my platform

ThX

Mario

chmod is a UNIX command to modify the permissions of a file

since you are on Windows, you needn't worry about it

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card